Christmas 2012 has passed. The gifts have been opened and the Christmas day dinner leftovers are in the fridge to be gobbled up over the next few days. This great holiday is officially behind us and before we know it we will be stepping into a brand new year! 2013!! Wow, can you believe it? A new year, new possibilities, new roads to travel – the list is endless with what awaits you and I.
I got up early this morning and began to think about the future and all that is in store for the days ahead. As I drank my coffee I decided to do a search on Twitter for the hashtag (#) movingforward. I was amazed at how many results came back of the people already discussing tomorrow. Here are just a few of what I came across:
- The thing with burning bridges that people forget about, is there is always a way to build a new bridge.
- You Can’t Start The Next Chapter Of Your Life If You Keep Re-Reading The Last One.
- Being with family makes me realize how blessed I am and that there is no need to dwell on the past. The best is yet to come
- I refuse to live in the past there is nothing that can be changed there.
- Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; whenever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. ~ Earl Nightingale
- Sometimes a great deal must be left behind in order to realize the full potential of the future –Anonymous
I have said it more times than I can count – there is no future in the past. We oftentimes limit our forward progress by spending too much time looking back. We will never get anywhere while driving if all we do is constantly look in the rearview mirror (tweet this) So today – while you have some time or while you are eating the leftovers from yesterday – think about the future. Spend some time thinking about where you want your life to go and write it down. Develop a life plan (here is a great resource by blogger and author Michael Hyatt for developing a life plan).
Quit living life by reacting to everything – start being proactive.
I write about this in my free ebook, Rule of Thumb. You can pick the ebook up by subscribing to my blog. You have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those around you by planning ahead. In the days and weeks ahead we will be blogging more about this but for today – start seeing the potential of the life you have been given. You were created to make a difference!
Till next time,
QUESTION: WHAT PLANS DO YOU FOLLOW TO CRAFT OUT YOUR FUTURE? SHARE WITH US WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU IN THE PAST BY COMMENTING ON THIS POST.